Penn SSV6500 Boxed Spinfisher V Spinning Fishing Reel is engineered to handle the most punishing saltwater battles. A friction trip ramp, Superline spool, and smooth-operating bearing assembly round out this versatile, durable saltwater reel. The watertight frame seals around the drag system and gear box to offer extreme protection from saltwater and sand, keeping your reel’s components safe even if you lose your rod in the surf.
- Equipped with a sealed Slammer drag system, this spinning reel employs three high-performance HT-100 drag washers to deliver smooth, robust drag across the entire drag curve.
- The outstanding drag range gives you the power and versatility needed to subdue a variety of fish species, while a large diameter drag knob allows you to seamlessly crank down to max drag without risking a line break.
- Additionally, each drag washer is treated with a proprietary grease to ensure smooth, long-lasting performance.
- Designed for exceptional castability, this spinning reel allows you to cast at long ranges with pinpoint precision.
- Its friction trip ramp prevents the bail from tripping prematurely when you cast, so you can always achieve your desired range.
- The Spinfisher V Spinning Reel ensures reliable operation and smooth cranking with its five stainless steel ball bearings.
- An instant anti-reverse bearing helps eliminate rotor backplay, so you can set the hook and then reel in your catch without interruption.
- The spool is fitted with a rubber gasket that prevents the Superline from slipping under pressure, meaning anglers can use braided line without a monofilament backing.
- And thanks to line capacity rings marked at 1/3, 2/3, and full capacity, you can see how much line is remaining at a glance.